London Array - an offshore wind farm
Talking about new generation
- Work with a multinational partnership of energy specialists to make a reality of London Array, which until recently was the world’s largest offshore wind farm.
- Complement the national and international work of the project partners by building support for London Array among opinion formers and the media in Kent and the broader south east.
- Help launch the wind farm to an international audience of stakeholders and media.
- Help local business make the most of the opportunities offered by London Array.
- Support grassroots community engagement programmes.
- Provide ongoing support for London Array in its operational phase.
Results and highlights
- National and international media interest in the project with press trips organised for journalists from the UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, Denmark and the Middle East.
- Prime Minster David Cameron formally inaugurated the wind farm in July 2013.
- A warm welcome from then Prime Minister Gordon Brown and then Secretary of State for Climate Change, Ed Miliband, when the final go-ahead for London Array was given in May 2009.
- Active support from borough and district councils, Kent County Council, business groups and support agencies, environmental organisations and community bodies to help see the project through to completion.
- A community engagement programme that has included newsletters for local residents, telephone helplines, community exhibitions and presentations as well as an active local liaison community group.
- A bespoke website, exhibition and presentations to help local businesses bid for work connected to the project.
- Regular and ongoing communication with local politicians and opinion formers.
- An excellent relationship with the local and regional media that has seen regular, positive coverage on air, online and in print.
Community relations, Event management, Media relations, Public affairs